Canada’s Leading Pet Store Franchise
- BryteFlow unlocks large volumes of Sales and Inventory data from SAP on an AWS Data lake and Snowflake to enable fast data insights.
- Seamless and codeless integration with the AWS ecosystem opens a wide range of opportunities and services for Mondou to use data in multiple ways.
- Ability to access data from SAP for reporting, data analytics & AI/ML and various other use cases with 90% faster deployment time.
- Enables faster time-to-market for customer-centric innovations.
Mondou is one of Canada’s leading pet store franchises providing pet supplies and services through multiple outlets (68 at last count) and has 900 employees across Quebec. Mondou is focused on improving customer experience and is undertaking a digital transformation. The company is rapidly expanding in Quebec and provides a wide range of services including nail trimming, doggie wash, pet scale, and carry-out services. It also offers a big selection of frozen raw food for cats and dogs.
Mondou needed to enable data insights for their executive leadership from their Sales and Inventory data locked in their SAP systems. To do this, Mondou’s Business Intelligence team needed to establish a data pipeline between their SAP S/4 HANA and SAP CAR systems to the data warehouse and reporting applications. They needed an automated solution to ingest raw data from their S/4 HANA and SAP CAR and load the data successfully, with completely automated CDC (Change Data Capture), into the AWS Data Lake and Snowflake. They wanted to have an option to manipulate data if required before exposing the data to the reporting layer.
BryteFlow provided a ‘plug and play’ ETL solution for Mondou, making their SAP data available in a scalable, elastic, cost-effective Data Lake built on AWS and Snowflake, without any coding. BryteFlow extracted data from Mondou’s S/4 HANA system using CDS Views. There are three data scenarios for Mondou:
- Loading data from CDS Views to Snowflake directly.
- Loading data from CDS Views to AWS without data transformation – on Amazon S3 with EMR.
- Loading data from CDS Views to AWS Data Brew to Snowflake. BryteFlow Blend transforms the data in Snowflake when it gets triggered by Data Brew logs in Cloudwatch / SNS or as per schedule.
Tables used are permanent data cumulative tables with functional delta, which adds new data only when necessary, and modifies data when required in existing tables. Mondou has a fully functional delta for Sales tables in both AWS and Snowflake.
With the newfound ability to transfer and transform complex SAP data into new data repositories in AWS and Snowflake, Mondou was able to access data from SAP for reporting, data analytics & AI/ML and various other use cases with 90% faster deployment time. Integration to AWS services is seamless and codeless.
Says Inesa Karalnik, BI Developer at Mondou, “Only a few platforms can handle SAP so effortlessly. Your customer service and technical support is outstanding and goes above and beyond to help and possesses excellent expertise to handle any issue. It is NOT obvious at all. It deserves applause. Your flexibility to deploy complex scenarios, including modifying your software and/or to help automate is also a WOW factor. Most suppliers will not even offer to adjust their software for a customer that encountered an issue, and you have. The simple fact that you integrate seamlessly with the AWS ecosystem opens a wide range of opportunities and services and it is a huge extra value.”
Mondou has been able to build a capability to access their critical data locked up in SAP for quick reporting, with fully managed ETL provided by Bryteflow. This data, further transformed and modeled in an AWS Data Lake and Snowflake allows Mondou to access business data insights that is transformative for the business.